Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Guitar Pedals

Mike has a pedal that looks similar to this on his pedalboard, but from the picture of his board I just looked at, it's a little different and I can't make out the name on it. Someone posted a pix of his board on here, but I can't find it right now. If you have the pix or know where it is on this site, post the pix here so I can check it out. 1 video I looked at has 8 pedals used by Tom and the Heartbreakers. 1 of the pedals is the Camel Toe that I know Mike uses, but I don't think Tom uses one. SO, is this video showing 8 pedals used by the band or just Tom? I would think there are more than 8 pedals used between Mike and Tom even if they use the same ones each. What do you think? If you have a list of each of their pedals, list them here so I can research them and decide what I'd like to buy. Anyway, here is a video of the pedal that looks similar to Mikes.

Update 9/22/17. Most pedals I've been looking at are in the $300 - $400 range and the EVENTIDE pedals are $500 and up. No one in their right mind would just go out and buy every pedal known to mankind unless you're Bill Gates. I took a break yesterday to get my thoughts together and clear my mind of soooooooooooo many pedals. When I got up this morning, I looked at my list of 40-50 pedals and realized that a lot of these pedals are not only the same, but many of them do more than 1 job. All I have to do is find pedals that do 2 or 3 things that have the sounds I want. I DON"T want a pedal from 1 maker that has everything, that just doesn't work for me. But I can find a pedal that does 2 or 3 things that does work. So instead of 10 or 20 pedals, you can get down to 5 or 6, maybe. I'm looking for pedals that sound like the 60's fuzz (Yardbirds, Beatles, Stones), not some headbanger ball of the 70's and 80's. I like clean sound too, like what you get from a Strymon Deco or the Wampler "Thirty Something". I've looked at many fuzz/distortion pedals over the last couple days and this is what I ordered this morning. I may order a Jext Telez RED Buzz Tone along with other pedals in the next few days, but I think I'm only going to order 1 pedal at a time and try them 1st. This is what I ordered this morning, it's simply called "The White Box" Version 1, soon to be sold out for the new V2, that I don't want.

On September 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM, nurktwin said:

What I'd like to do is buy a piece of property downtown that used to have a huge 3 story furniture store on it, It was recently torn down and is now a big patch of grass. If I can get that, I'd build a large 2 story building and have a small mom and pop music store at the front of the main floor and in the back would be a couple large rooms where local kids can come off the street and have a place to practice their music for free. The top floor would be a recording studio for the kids and their new bands and if I can figure a way to do it, that would be free too. The place would be big enough to have a stage too so local bands could play for dances and hone their skills. I'm not in it for money, just the enjoyment of music that I've had all my life. If I could sell a pair of drumsticks a day for $5 and clear $2, I'd be a happy man. It's not about money, it's about teaching kids how to love music and reach for their dreams. OK, I've said enough, I better get back to my list of pedals. TTYL

On September 20, 2017 at 1:41 PM, nurktwin said:

I just want to give kids the same opportunity that I had as a kid. I used to walk into a mom and pop store and pick any guitar and the owner would say try it, if you like it take it home and come back in a week and let me know what you think. After a week we would make a deal if I wanted to keep it. Try that today!!!!!! That's what I'd like to do today, bring back the old mom and pop shops and stop this madness that Guitar Center has made the norm. I'll never get rich on this idea of my own store, but I'll be happy helping kids get their dreams. And that's all that counts.

That's very sweet, Nurk!