Sign in to follow this  
nurktwin

Guitar Pedals

Thought you might be interested in this pedal by Electro Harmonix. It's called the "Canyon Delay and Looper". I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm going to take a couple days or a week to watch every video on youtube of this stomp box. There are some pretty nice sounds that come out of this little box. Here is just 1 of many videos available to listen to it.

I ordered this pedal, it got to my local UPS office about 5 miles away about 6:30 this morning. So far tracking says it went through "Destination Scan", but doesn't say it's out for delivery. It might have arrived there a little too late to make todays truck. Still hoping it gets here today, if not, it'll be here tomorrow.

Hey Tomfest, what kind of pedal board do you have? I was looking at a couple powered boards. I think "Gator" has 1 that comes in a molded case and you just remove the top cover and everything is there in front of you. It comes with all cables and has 8 connections for 9V and 3 for 18V and costs about $170. This stuff is new to me and I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Nurk - I use a Boss BVB-60.  On my board, I currently have a Polycom tuner, a Keeley compressor, a Fulltone OCD (trying it out), an Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-808 chip), a Fender '63 Reverb pedal, and a Boss TR-2 trem pedal.  A couple of my old Fender amps don't have reverb or trem so I use those pedals.  Pretty much the Tube Screamer is always on, the rest are used when needed.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/bcb-60/

I just ran across this pedal and found the noise it makes interesting. When you watch the video, keep your eyes on the screen, because all the different sounds include another of their pedals and could cost you over $1000 to buy everything!!!! But it's interesting and I thought I'd show you this video. check it out, you may find something you like.

Interesting, but I didn't really see anything there that I would use with my band.  The fuzz and distortion were too heavy for our stuff, although it could likely be dialed back some.  The rest of it sounded a bit like a chorus, which I don't use.  I tend to go more organic. I put some reverb on it and enough tubescreamer to add a bit of hair to it, and walla.  It's a tone a lot like Mike Campbell and Tom Petty use.  Not surprisingly. :-)

On ‎24‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 7:31 PM, nurktwin said:

Thought you might be interested in this pedal by Electro Harmonix. It's called the "Canyon Delay and Looper". I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm going to take a couple days or a week to watch every video on youtube of this stomp box. There are some pretty nice sounds that come out of this little box. Here is just 1 of many videos available to listen to it.

"From across the canyon / A guitar Plays / Through an amplifier / On long delay"...

Could this be a coincidence? I think not! :lol:

I'm always looking at new or old sounds and I think I found 2 old sounds I might buy. Give a listen to sound #1

IF you listen to this whole video it creates more than a sitar sound. It can sound like an organ, chimes, fuzz and a hell of a lot more. Check it out.

this thread is one of the best toy stores I've ever been in...! :D 

just too bad I don't have quite the skill to make proper use of all these fun gadgets.. or the money to buy them, I gather.. nevertheless.. thanks for keeping the inspiration at fever pitch here!

I'm making a list of the pedals Tom uses, when that is finished I'll make a list of Mike's pedals. After that, pedals to get Beatle sounds. When the lists are done the fun begins. I'll probably take 1 pedal a day and find all the video's available on Youtube and music store sites and listen to them and rate them. If I ever get done with that, I'll probably buy at least 10 pedals, board, cables and power supply. Right now I have 8 pedals for Tom and I'm sure Mike uses more. Getting a list going for The Beatles could be a real challenge with all the sounds they made, but I'm going to try. If you're wondering why I have so many guitars, drums, mando's, ukes, basses, amps, studio and so many other things, it's because when my friends come over I want them to think they are in a combination Recording Studio - Music Store - Museum. And if they want to jam or record, everything is here. Just name a song you'd like to record and I'll bring out the right guitars, amps, drums, pedals and all. All they have to do is walk in the door, they don't have to bring any gear, it's here. The problem I'm having is that I'm running out of room!! What I'd like to do is buy a piece of property downtown that used to have a huge 3 story furniture store on it, It was recently torn down and is now a big patch of grass. If I can get that, I'd build a large 2 story building and have a small mom and pop music store at the front of the main floor and in the back would be a couple large rooms where local kids can come off the street and have a place to practice their music for free. The top floor would be a recording studio for the kids and their new bands and if I can figure a way to do it, that would be free too. The place would be big enough to have a stage too so local bands could play for dances and hone their skills. I'm not in it for money, just the enjoyment of music that I've had all my life. If I could sell a pair of drumsticks a day for $5 and clear $2, I'd be a happy man. It's not about money, it's about teaching kids how to love music and reach for their dreams. OK, I've said enough, I better get back to my list of pedals. TTYL

^  Thank you. Since so many people helped me with music from my dad to my teachers when I was a small kid til today, I just love music so much that now that I'm retired it's time to give back. I just want to give kids the same opportunity that I had as a kid. I used to walk into a mom and pop store and pick any guitar and the owner would say try it, if you like it take it home and come back in a week and let me know what you think. After a week we would make a deal if I wanted to keep it. Try that today!!!!!! That's what I'd like to do today, bring back the old mom and pop shops and stop this madness that Guitar Center has made the norm. I'll never get rich on this idea of my own store, but I'll be happy helping kids get their dreams. And that's all that counts.