WildflowerNJ

Official Therapy Dog Team/Malaika and Me

16 posts in this topic

Good for you!  What a sweet girl!!  You two will make a difference for many!

Thank you, Nel! Today, after our Therapy Dog Drop-In Class....we signed up for Agility Classes! It looks like such fun! 

Here she is from yesterday. We visited the whole 4th floor....3F and 3D...there is a small gym there and very nice nurses who give treats! And down to the Infusion/Onocology. Some people just do not want to see your dog and it is starting to not bother me so much. They might have had some not so nice experience with them. There is more than enough people who want to see her....ask about her. But the patients love talking about their pets...one man in Infusion has a pet pig and showed me photos. 

DSCN9362.jpg

Babydoll, Marion and dollardime like this

On March 18, 2017 at 8:08 AM, WildflowerNJ said:

Malaika and I are now an Official Therapy Dog Team at Community Medical Center! We have been visiting there for a 2 weeks now...getting the hang of it and yesterday was the first day I signed in. So proud of my girl, Malaika. People love to see her....ask about her name......and also how she became a Therapy dog. They thank us and so many say we have made their day.....but they sure make our day, as well. It is such a great feeling.....Malaika has a lot of love to give.

This was very sweet to read. I really respect your generosity of time and energy; I'm sure Malaika makes many happy. Dogs are a blessing and I just wanted to take a moment to say how good of you to be doing this. Thanks for sharing!

cheers

Thanks, guys...it really does make me happy to do this. Wanted to share this, too. I also home visit a 95 year old woman named Jane. She has had poodles all her life but now it is too hard for her. This is something separate from the hospital visits. This is through Caregiver Canines. These are visits with a senior in their own home....they cannot keep dogs anymore for whatever reason...but they sure do love and appreciate seeing them. Anyway, I took Malaika to have her pic taken with the Easter Bunny. I kept a pic and I made one for Jane and got it framed. The framed one here in the photo is mine but I got Jane the same color frame. She absolutely loved it!! She says now she can show her friends who visits.....who visits her! :wub:

DSCN9729.jpg

Marion likes this

It's so nice that you are doing this and you enjoy it so much!  Such sweet stories to share!  

Thank you, Marion....tomorrow, in honor of Nurse's Week, there will be a parade of 13 of the therapy dogs there at the hospital. We are to dress in nurse's things...scrubs, etc. Malaika is going to be so cute!! Photos will be taken, lol!

Marion likes this

On April 12, 2017 at 0:41 PM, WildflowerNJ said:

These are visits with a senior in their own home....they cannot keep dogs anymore for whatever reason...but they sure do love and appreciate seeing them.

That is very sweet of you. Dogs are a blessing and I'm glad you are brightening others' lives by sharing yours.