Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nurktwin

Question of the day 2/15/17

13 posts in this topic

J. Geils Band.  It's hard to beat the Beatles or the Rolling Stones, but J. Geils Band for their live performances.

The best I can do is give you my top 9 after Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in no particular order because I can't pick who comes next.  I wouldn't want to give up any one of them. 

Aerosmith 

Collective Soul

INXS

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Matchbox Twenty

Jason Sinay

The Dirty Knobs

The Bangles

Taking any band that was around in the sixties out of the equation, I'd choose Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band.

Interesting question...favorite is not always the best even if a lot of times it is...I tend to think of live recordings rather than studio albums with these types of questions, bands that I have an emotional connection to based on their live vibe as well as the musicianship.

So in no particular order....

Mudcrutch in their 2008 incarnation. 

Bob Dylan with The Heartbreakers during their 80's tour...that still fascinates me when I watch the footage especially as to my eyes and ears it was Benmont and Stan who really shone brightest on that tour in that band...watch how Bob relies on Benmont with his eye contact...Stan's drumming was superb in those live shows with Bob...Tom and Mike were more in the background....check out the lighting design on those shows..spotlights on Bob Benmont and Stan mostly throughout. ..which was interesting and rare as it's usually Tom and Mike who have that on stage live profile...

Neil Young WITH Crazy Horse

Crowded House...the original version before their mid 90s breakup

Bill Haley & The Comets