Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeroeder

New Highway Companions Sign-Up - My guess for RSD 2016 Vinyl

26 posts in this topic

Yesterday the sign-up for Highway Companions went up at http://www.tompetty.com/become-member

They mention two live concert downloads. Based on the Kiss My Amps vinyl series, I'm guessing one or both of these might become the April 2017 RSD release.

Mudcrutch_image-180x180.png

MUDCRUTCH LIVE AUDIO: 2016!

Digital audio download of live performances from the 2016 Mudcrutch tour, selected by Tom. (Expected availability mid-December 2016/early January 2017. Members will receive an email with download instructions as soon as available.)

heartbreakers_image180x180.png

TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS AUDIO: FROM THE 2014 FENWAY PARK CONCERT!

Digital audio download of live performances from Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers at Fenway Park August 30th 2014—previously released only as a broadcast video. (Expected availability mid-December 2016/early January 2017. Members will receive an email with download instructions as soon as available.)

Mudcrutch likes this

Seems like good guesses. Not to mention it would follow HCC logic and procedures nicely, to have whatever stuff they pitch as "member exclusive" officially release for everybody within months. 

I'd say it would be very cool if they'd release a Mudcrutch live 12" - EP or LP - for RSD! I love that idea! The EP they did for the first album is absolutely awesome! 

As for Fenway, that is obviously a great performance and a great quality recording, but somehow I would prefer something more recent for an imaginable "Kiss My Amps Vol 3." Fenway is from not that too much later date than what is already on Vol 2. Still I'd take it over nothing. Love some of those versions. 

Actually, I would be even more interested in them launching their own "Bootleg Series" project, Bob Dylan style, with more older stuff released according to various themes/eras. Especially studio stuff, but also live concepts are welcome! (And such concept releases could be download only for all I care - perhaps not the best idea for a RSD thing.) I just wish they'd do something like that before it's too late. I am, however, pretty certain that will never happen.

mikeroeder likes this

I got my email too, to renew for another year. My take on the freebies is that they almost have to give a poster and free downloads to keep "legacy members $50" and "new members $65" in the club. The past memberships have not always been the greatest, there have been many problems over the years. Still, I'm happy to see them move forward and continue to make tickets and items available to club members 1st. I will renew my Legacy membership and hope to see you all at a show in 2017.

Babydoll likes this

I alway renew. No doubt I question the value of being a member every time but I always renew. They have given us a few special things over the years, my favorite being that time they posted all of those videos of Mike telling stories about his guitars. Loved that!  

Babydoll likes this

The thing I love most about this is the friends I've met and the times we've spent together. All the concerts and vacations together all over the country. That is something I'll never forget as long as I live. Thank you my friends, I love you and hope to see you soon.

Babydoll and Marion like this

18 hours ago, Marion said:

my favorite being that time they posted all of those videos of Mike telling stories about his guitars. Loved that!  

No doubt those were fantastic!! Kinda wish I recorded those, the one and only real perk I figure I ever got as a member and music lover (aside from making friends, sure, good point, there's nothing like paying to make friends!). One series of videos in all those years, but I would say it was almost worth it. :)

I am going to join for the first time, is it possible to get the

live download from the last offer or is that gone for good?

^  I have no idea if you can get past offers, but joining the club for $50 a year is well worth the excitement (or should I say the agony) of getting early access to tickets! It's quite the experience, to say the least! Just ask anyone here. But being here at The Farm and an HCC member has made a huge difference in my life. I've met many people from around the world and we remain friends til this day. Because of these friendships, we travel and vacation together til this day, let alone meet across the country for concerts. So yes, join the club and be one of us. It's well worth it.

Just a reminder about the HCC memberships. My email said my membership was extend til Dec. 10, 2016 for delays at HCC headquarters for whatever reasons. I renewed my membership this morning and am ok to go til Dec.11, 2017. I'm not sure if everyone is extended til 12/10/16, so check your membership date and renew if required. Hope to see you all on the road in 2017!!!!!

I got the Fenway download yesterday. Very happy to have this in mp3 and FLAC. As much as I appreciate the person who ripped the audio from the video, this version sounds a lot better. That isn't the uploader's fault since the source was cable TV and there was likely a lot of compression going on before it made it to his TV.

It has some cover art that is unique to this release, but kind of generic.

Cover Art.jpg

Mudcrutch likes this

It's the concert as aired on the cable special.

1. So You Want to Be a Rock 'N' Roll Star (Live at Fenway Park)        3:44
2. Mary Jane's Last Dance (Live at Fenway Park)        6:25
3. American Dream Plan B (Live at Fenway Park)        3:27
4. Forgotten Man (Live at Fenway Park)        2:57
5. A Woman In Love (It's Not Me) (Live at Fenway Park)
6. U Get Me High (Live at Fenway Park)        4:16
7. Shadow People (Live at Fenway Park)        7:31
8. You Wreck Me (Live at Fenway Park)        5:23
9. American Girl (Live at Fenway Park)        5:29

So I have to sign up again to get it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Liz said:

So I have to sign up again to get it?

My opinion; it's not worth signing up for just to get this concert. I don't know anything about the fan club but if you want live music, check online, there's a lot of TPATH shows out there for free and some people on here may generously share as well.

cheers

On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 8:09 AM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

My opinion; it's not worth signing up for just to get this concert. I don't know anything about the fan club but if you want live music, check online, there's a lot of TPATH shows out there for free and some people on here may generously share as well.

cheers

If anyone on here could help me out re: the Mudcrutch live album, I'd really appreciate it.I live in Australia so it's hard to justify the expense of taking out a membership.

Can anyone share these Downloads with me? I joined the Highway Companions club just for these downloads and have not got a welcoming email or an email for the downloads. I've emailed the club and messaged an Admin there and so far no responses. Would be great to be able to hear these albums.

Tom Petty radio has been promoting the debut of the Live Mudcrutch album for tomorrow at 4p (EST I think)...guessing they are going to play the whole album

On 3/5/2017 at 7:03 AM, DogOnTheRun76 said:

Can anyone share these Downloads with me? I joined the Highway Companions club just for these downloads and have not got a welcoming email or an email for the downloads. I've emailed the club and messaged an Admin there and so far no responses. Would be great to be able to hear these albums.

Email them again. They are very good about responding. The downloads come from Warner and the Fenway show is 48/24 and the Mudcrutch live material was 96/24. Excellent material particularly the Mudcrutch 'concert'. I would have loved more from the shows at the Fonda but they stitch it together so it sounds like it was one show. Randy

with less than a month to this year's event, I guess it's more or less official that no Mudcrutch or TP&TH release will be featured on RSD. at least there's nothing on the various official lists of releases. bummer. I would really, really have appreciated a Mudcrutch live LP. listening to files will never ever compare. TP of all people should know this.

Mudcrutch likes this

Ok, so. Plan B. Since seemingly it won't come out (how good for the HCC:ers, if so, that finally one of their "exclusives" actually seem to stay more or less exclusive!) I would be in the market for a download of the Best of Mudcrutch Live 2016 bundle. Anyone with the time, tech and tenderness to set up a share are welcome to contact me. I will dance for it. Maybe. 

I would also like if someone wants to share the Fenway Park 2014 and Mudcrutch Live 2016 with me.

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 5:56 PM, fanofpetty said:

I would also like if someone wants to share the Fenway Park 2014 and Mudcrutch Live 2016 with me.

Me too!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXAXiNOeh9A53n4C1ClWV

Would anyone with the Live Mudcrutch album want to trade or be willing to sell it to me. I just picked this bad boy up, Mojo 2012 DVD. Never heard of it until I saw it at this random record store I went to on vacation, but it is pretty cool...has highlights from Isle of Wright, Jazz Fest and the Super Bowl. I could rip the audio and send it to you or something. 

Send me a message if interested

?ui=2&ik=bd643c08dc&view=fimg&th=15c3c959eed72d04&attid=0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ-nJvdKqG2XCKTw0HlqP6jlyqdR5LyLoBOFSWbwESw0gESfdn2-4WUDqH20HaZuP09J686v6Sw3L-f54-1mmGVjIGfOrCO9nsCpH6NjRM7qTsSYGWTppAIJIYY&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1495665060120&rm=15c3c959eed72d04&zw&atsh=1

mojo.jpg