Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dollardime

Tom Petty Named 2017 MusiCares Person Of The Year

44 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2017 at 4:48 AM, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

I'm a little surprised there aren't complete songs online, usually by now songs have been uploaded.

Perhaps people there weren't interested in recording on their phones or weren't allowed to. Or maybe some rights issue has them taken down if they are posted.

Yes. We'll have to wait and see, won't we. Plenty videos around from earlier Musicares shows, so it would be too bad if all that snuck out of this one was a blurry, muffled and cut Don't Come Around Here No More and some less than exciting minutes of Foo Fighters, and some Good Enough guitar work by Clark Jr's. (Actually.. the latter was better than good enough, so that is among those that I would like to hear in their entiry.)

5 hours ago, Shelter said:

a blurry, muffled and cut Don't Come Around Here No More

Yeah what the heck was that? Sounded like it was recorded underwater; why even upload something like that?

48 minutes ago, MaryJanes2ndLastDance said:

Yeah what the heck was that? Sounded like it was recorded underwater; why even upload something like that?

probably recorded from inside Ringo's yellow submarine, that.

Yeah, I've seen what's been around since the day of the show. So, that's it as far as live photage and/or recordings go from this show?? Really? Someone tell me, of all artists, why do these thing 'happen' to TP?

(Of course, if Musicares are planning on a charity benefit release of the material of some sort, I don't blame them for the "silence" for now. If not, putting a lid on any recordings - official or unofficial - is really not gentleman like, not worthy of their noble cause and frankly just.. well.. cheap!) 

23 hours ago, Shelter said:

So, that's it as far as live photage and/or recordings go from this show?? Really?

What? Underwater DCAHNM and sliced and diced Honey Bee isn't enough for you? 

I was listening to TP radio the other day and whichever host it was said they usually release these shows on PBS and later on dvd, so he said there is a good chance the Tom Petty one will be too, they did it for Springsteen and James Taylor. May just be a guess though

1 hour ago, vincanity23 said:

I was listening to TP radio the other day and whichever host it was said they usually release these shows on PBS and later on dvd, so he said there is a good chance the Tom Petty one will be too, they did it for Springsteen and James Taylor. May just be a guess though

Thanks!

So.. any news on where, when.. shall I say IF, any of this will be available, yet?

It's usually pretty close to a year after the fact. The Dylan one from two years ago has yet to see a release. 

For the record, there was a facebook live video the night it aired and hearing Waiting For Tonight was awesome.