Sign in to follow this  
campbellfan1

Wildflowers Re-Issue & Tour

6 hours ago, Marion said:

Did any of you listen to this interview?

I read the text and listened to where he discusses the set list. I don't want to be cynical so I'll just say I hope he follows through with mixing things up and celebrating not just the hits but their other good songs as well.

Thanks for sharing the link.

cheers

Well, I'm sorry you guys, when I posted the link I could have sworn the entire interview was there I had listened to.  It was at least 30 minutes long. If I come across it again I will try to record and post it because it was really good!

From what I can recall, Tom said they may add onto the tour if they feel up to it. After all, they are old guys! (His words)  Haha!  He wants to do the Wildflowers themed tour but in smaller theater type venues. He hasn't got it together yet. No Wildflower re-release till next year. He is very busy these days. He also wants to produce the Shelters second album.....the Buried Treasure show.....there was someone else he wanted to produce to but I forget who.  David asked why they are doing the 40th Anniversary tour in the 41st year and Tom said, because that's just how they do things!  Then he laughed.

Basically, he is just very, very busy!  He's trying to fit in everything he wants to do but it's a lot. And he's and old guy!  Give him a break!  😃

Ok break is over. At least soon it is. Soon time to find out if this year, finally, will see the release of a special edition (let's forget the anniversary aspect already... unless you want to wait til 30th... and then it still may be too "busy" or "hard working" for TP to ever find time to have his office release any vault recordings... who knows. cuse me for keep hoping). It's fairly obvious that money is a concern, so let's see if the accountants have come up with any figuers to give the old "All The Rest" concept a go or not - for late this year - or next. Personally, I've lost track on how many years we've waited, but with or without a tour to go with it, the release of any vault material from TP - Wildflowers or otherwise - will always be high priority to me. So, I am still waiting, believe it or not.

Perhaps when this tour is over, we will have some new mad jibberish and half promises to keep us hanging another few months, or for the rest of the decade. Can't say I would not be more than happy with plain b-s actually, as it were, dreams and fake news is better than a grim reality in this case. Perhaps that is what TP realized all along...... Anyway - any news on this age old issue would be most welcome this Fall! (As it has been for the last few Falls.)

In the meantime I've been distgusted to see the state of the Wildflowers vinyl market... and so called TP collectors behaving like mad ghouls.. quite insane. I've seen it develop for some month, but still there is no sanity in sight..

I remember fondly when there was no copy to be found, or perhaps a rare copy showed up for sale for true collector's prices. You could see one or two Wildflowers copies for sale each year or so, for some $200, $300 or $400. Fair enough, that's the name of the game, when it comes to rare records. (And sometimes big selling records by big selling artists are rare - like with certain 90s vinyl prints.) I've been known to play this game myself. Probably paid at least some €200 or so for a record or two that are known to exist in less than a few copies. And I know it can get really strange and ugly sometimes, when it comes to records that hardly exist (not at all or in comparance with how many buyers there are) and by artist that are high in demand among serious collectors. Which for most parts - TP is not. (But ask any record collector what a great condition print of the first different color print version of the first Led Zeppelin album will cost you, for example... It's not even funny. But there are plenty reason for it happening. And that is my point, exactly.)

Now, since the wake of the TP reissue vinyl boxes, it seems like A LOT of people have been deciding to sell off their old original print. Flooded market! Great news! As a result I think you can now easily find some 50 or 60 copies for sale internationally, most of which are claimed to be in great condition too. This is more than you've ever even seen on the second hand market all together in the last 20 years. It is not anywhere near rare anymore! Great news, hu? 

But guess what...? The asked prices for these records actually average h-i-g-h-e-r than it used to do back in the days when it was next to impossible to find one. I see dozens and dozens of them now, being listed for $400, $500 or even $600 and beyond... and no listing is rarely removed due to a sale. This is a pitiful display, that shows vast levels of greed and a crippled understanding of market logic, to say the least. You don't normally increase the price when the market is flooded and demand is down or equal. Most other artists, and most other records, an original Wildflowers LP equal, would be down to $50-150 by now (which, of course is still rare record prices), but apparently the old Wildflowers prints will never exchange owners, they will keep getting more and more expensive and the people who have an extra copy will keep having it, whether they like to or not. I don't see all these records disappearing anyday soon for prices like that. You can get a heck of a lot of other, truly rare music for $500! Most buyers know this. I know this. The sellers apparently don't know it, and most of them don't seem to sell any TP records either, since the list of listings for used TP Wildflowers LPs keeps getting longer as we speak.. Perhaps these sellers are not record people, but rather greedy bastards. Who knows. 

On August 2, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Shelter said:

Soon time to find out if this year, finally, will see the release of a special edition (let's forget the anniversary aspect already

I hope all of you Wildflowers fans get your special edition release this year. Maybe they'll have two versions, All The Rest on its own and a retracked Wildflowers with all the rest songs mixed in. A shame about the price of a Wildflowers vinyl and the greed going along with it.