Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marion

Sweetwater Music Hall Review 6/12/15 (with Videos)

39 posts in this topic

Jeez, that is a lot of speculation and I'm sure Mike wouldn't appreciate all of this!  In fact, I'm sure this is what he tries to avoid.  I'm sorry I brought this on with my comment.  The Dirty Knobs are simple fun.  One thing I am sure of is Mike is having fun with the Knobs and I'm just going to assume that Mike IS doing what he wants and leave it at that.  I'm just hoping he will want to release his music to us SOON!

Amber and Babydoll like this

Yes they are!!! I think we will have those recordings one day. But it will be when Mike decides it is time. Mike told me he is still sort of amazed that some of us travel across the country to attend a Knobs show. They guys are really just having fun! I think he has begun to understand that we really love his music and consider the Knobs to be one of our favorite bands. We love his songwriting and musicality. I don't think he started out thinking he would have a separate career from TPATH. They just wanted to have some fun between tours. I am just grateful that I have been fortunate to see them play and talk with Mike in a personal way. I love the recordings posted on you tube etc and appreciate the fans who record and share them. One day the recordings will come and I certainly look forward to them. I like them best when they are not organized so much. They are even greater, in my opinion, when Mike throws in a song they have not practiced. I am not sure that can be captured in a formal recording, so I hope they have the live stuff in the mix.

Babydoll, Marion and Magnolia like this

Sure thing, pretty much all I'm saying too. :) Always sad when support means stepping on toes. I suppose, in some ways silence rocks too.. in much the same way some of the best ever albums are albums never made, ironically. That's the stuff of legends. As long as MC is happy and knows we love the music, I'm happy too. But no drama, really. No reason to step back on wishing that he didn't have to choose. True that, true vibes.

Amber likes this

Those theaters are beautiful but it just seems so different. Rows of seats...the professional lighting. I know alot of people want to see them now. I loved when they played those little bars, clubs....standing room and you could dance. Seems so formal now. But they were and always will be a great live band. I hope I get to see them again...but in a smaller venue  :wub:

Marion likes this

I hear you, Beth! No doubt it is different now with the formal meet and greet and all but I do think you would actually like the new Sweetwater. It was a great room. I think I like it even better than the other place because there's is more room and remember we had to sit at the old Sweetwater too. This room was pretty much standing room only and it had a great vibe!

This is the first time I've heard Feed the Snake and it's a really good song! What a catchy riff.

It starts around 4 minutes in...The audio gets muffled a bit here and there but still fun to watch!

TomFest likes this

Thanks for the Knobbin' Knews Marion :)  I feel so fortunate to have been able to see them once! Also enjoying the speculation on arrangements; this animated video of Rank Zappa talking about how he ran his band definitely has some insight: aisle or window seat?

Marion likes this

This is the first time I've heard Feed the Snake and it's a really good song! What a catchy riff.

It starts around 4 minutes in...The audio gets muffled a bit here and there but still fun to watch!

Really?  Maybe you'd like to go check out the othe videos posted in this thread then. You don't know what you're missing!  LOL!! 

Feed The Snake is a brilliant song and has been one on my favorites for years!  It makes me crazy it's not officially available!

Really?  Maybe you'd like to go check out the othe videos posted in this thread then. You don't know what you're missing!  LOL!! 

I feel like there's this whole other side to Mike Campbell's playing and songwriting that I've missed out on, ha ha! I shall check 'em out...

cheers

Marion likes this

Jamming you say? Forget it! :P

This is an interesting peek at Mike as bandleader.

Uh-oh.

You can sense it coming.

Oh no!

I think if you have the songwriting of Tom with the ethos of Mike when it comes to...can't stop...here it is...

...you've been warned...

...if you have the songwriting of Tom and Mike's approach to performing, there'd be more dynamic and exciting TPATH concerts with varied and interesting set lists! Whew!

Back to the Knobs, I shall check more of their material out.

cheers

Marion and dollardime like this