Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wild1forever

Dirty Knobs in Santa Cruz June 10

35 posts in this topic

So happy for those of you who made it! I was so sorry I couldn't go, but the last three weeks have been exhausting for me; I probably would have fallen asleep in the middle of the show. ;) 

Amber likes this

So sorry you didn't make it, Toni. By all accounts your friend's band is awesome!!! Hope they'll pkayground more over the summer. I wanna see them!

Amber likes this

I did attend both the City Winery and Sweetwater shows! The Napa venue was a little strange. We all had seats at little tables with candles on them. There was dead silence between songs. Not a vibe for the Knobs. We like it "rough", lol! Sweetwater was the best show I have seen them do. The sound was great!!! Mike's voice came through clearer than ever before. Marion has some if the best DK videos, in my opinion. The Coffin brothers were fabulous! Got CDs to listen to and " liked" them in FB. Got a message that they will be playing in Santa Cruz soon. Those of you in the area should go if you can. Had a blast with Marion, Sharon, Ames, Linda, Brandon, Sarah, etc. Did the meet and greet with the band. I agree it was an awkward meet since they were sitting like a panel of judges, and in the dark so pix with the band not possible. Not their fault but conversation was somewhat forced because everyone could hear what you were saying. Mike wanted to tell me a dirty joke about southern women, but Lance stopped him. Got a lame joke about a cat instead........lol! Still it was a time to remember, and worth every penny. Where else can you get to hear a "penis trilogy", Lol!!!! Love this band and I love it when they get a little down and dirty! Sweetwater was the perfect venue....bar in back with large dance floor! I hope to get a chance to see them again soon.

Marion, bm29759, Babydoll and 1 other like this

^ AWESOME, Amber! Sounds like a perfect trip for you. No sound between songs? What's up with that? Those Napa folks didn't get the memo apparently. : 0

Man I wish I could have been there with y'all! So glad you went and had a fabulous time. The first time I ever saw the Knobs was at Sweetwater. It is a killer venue! And I agree the Penis Trilogy is one of a kind! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Mikeyt likes this

I think it was more the Napa venue, before the show a host came out and asked the audience to keep their conversation to a whisper. When Mike came out he made a comment that he didn't know there would be tables. Overall it was a good show but not my favorite of the three.

Amber and Mikeyt like this

Oh there us never a "bad" Knob show!!! I enjoyed Napa, ...but it was a little strange....like the baked potato...but stranger. Barb this Sweetwater is a new venue. They shut down the old one. Still the vibe is there. I wish you could have been there too. The new Sweetwater was special to me because we could hear Mike's singing more clearly than ever. I like his voice. Perhaps it was Chinner's brilliance in setting volumes etc....but it had the best sound of all the shows I have been to. Wait till you see and hear Marion's videos.......

Mikeyt likes this

^ oh I see. Yeah I'd forgotten that the original Sweetwater closed. Is it in the same space? Can hardly wait to see Marion's videos!

Amber likes this

No. I wasn't at the old venue, but from what I gathered from conversatio s of those who were, it isn't the same space.