Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wild1forever

Dirty Knobs in Santa Cruz June 10

35 posts in this topic

Wow! Santa Cruz would be a great Birthday trip for me :) Hopefully I can make this one happen. I need to get Knobbed again for sure! It has been waaaaayyy too long!

Magnolia likes this

So, they are going down the good old Commercial Way..? :D

Seriously, I really miss Moe's! How I wish I could go to this one.....!! 

Magnolia likes this

I'll actually be at all three shows next week.

Hooray for you! Unfortunately, I am not at all sure if we will be there on Wednesday, but if we make it, I will keep an eye out for you.

Anyway, make sure to come in time to see the opening act (both at Moe's and Sweetwater). As I have posted here before, I am friends with the lead singer of the Coffis Brothers; their band is really great!

Amber and Magnolia like this

Finally back to reality. It was a great show, as always!! Moe's Alley is a really great venue for bands and the owner was really nice. I am not good with details. I want to say they played about 2 hours. I remember the P***s trilogy as Mike called it- Humdinger, Chicken Choke and Jerk my Johnson. They are such dirty boys! She Said, Senor, I'll Make Love to You and at least 1 other JJ Cale song. I tried to get the setlist but Chinner caught me and said they needed it for the next night??! So I traded him for one of Mike's picks which was cool because I collect them. It was different than the last DK pick I got. In the end someone else took the setlist as well as the others that were in reach. But, from what I could see they didn't follow it too closely...typical for them. They sounded great and seemed to be having a great time.  I met some really cool fans that I hope to run into again and saw 1 old friend that I didn't get to catch up with, but it's always great to see a friendly familiar face. The opening band was really good too. Although I missed most of it because my hubby bought the VIP meet and greet tickets and that took place during the opening band so we missed most of their set. Since he doesn't read this forum I will say that was kind of a waste on me because I really seriously just love the music and was a little disappointed to miss most of the Coffis Brothers. Don't get me wrong, it was cool to talk to Mike and the other guys, but the setup was so formal it was a little awkward. Not like when they hang out and talk to you after the show sometimes. But his heart was in the right place. It was a great night. I just love really good music and they are definitely fantastic musicians.

Marion, SingsInFrench and Amber like this

Man, too bad that Alley clip is so short. That stuff sounds fantastic to me!! Real music if I ever heard such.

Great, Babydoll! Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about the show. Sounds FANTASTIC!!! So glad you got to go! Marion, I'll be looking forward to hearing about your fab time also!!! Love the Knobs!

Amber likes this

Must be a heartbreaker with that set list deviation!!! :D I like the idea of the Co-Captain calling the set list shots! :D

Thanks for sharing the clips and memories!

Hooray for you! Unfortunately, I am not at all sure if we will be there on Wednesday, but if we make it, I will keep an eye out for you.

Anyway, make sure to come in time to see the opening act (both at Moe's and Sweetwater). As I have posted here before, I am friends with the lead singer of the Coffis Brothers; their band is really great!

Magnolia likes this