Mudcrutch

Photo of the Day Part III

I remember that live version of "Breakdown" that was all over the radio back then.  Always wondered where that came from.

live recording at Paul's Mall Boston

i was planning to go to that show with my buddies, but had a date with a really good looking girl who wasn't into music that much.  What a freakin idiot!

live recording at Paul's Mall Boston

i was planning to go to that show with my buddies, but had a date with a really good looking girl who wasn't into music that much.  What a freakin idiot!

Paul's Mall, huh?  Is that recording available anywhere?  I haven't seen it on any bootleg, or heard it for many years.

Paul's Mall, huh?  Is that recording available anywhere?  I haven't seen it on any bootleg, or heard it for many years.

it was recorded by the "cool" FM radio station WBCN

boston was one of the few US markets that embraced TPATH when the first album was released.  Maxine Sartori was a DJ there and promoted their music.

I have this live performance of Breakdown in the Playback boxed set.  

I'm not quite following. The version of "Breakdown" on Playback is the studio version.  The live version on "Pack Up The Plantation" isn't the one either - that one has a horn section, which they didn't have back in the club days.   

Could it be the July 1978 WBCN recording from the Paradise in Boston?  I just don't remember the version that was played on the radio back then well enough to say one way or the other.  Was the live "Breakdown" ever released as a "B" side to anything back then?  I never collected all of those singles.