Sign in to follow this  
pappasnick24

Anaheim January 25th!

Great review and photos, Lotta! You did a great job with your point and shoot! Thank you so much for sharing with us! That must have been some show. I wouldn't have recognized Johnny Depp either, would you Barb?

I have caught several videos on YouTube. The Knobs did Rusty Cage!!! I loved the other videos I saw for Alice Cooper and Steven Tyler. Steven did House of The Rising Sun!!! Loved it!

Thanks again, Lotta! :)

Lotta's review was dead on. At first when I showed up (I was lucky enough to buy tickets online during the "public sale" -- I guess they only sold about 100 non-invitation tickets through that ticket site I posted earlier) I wasn't sure what to make of the event. Located at a catholic all boys high school with religious statues everywhere. Then there were hot-rod cars (sponsor of event), a girl throwing up on the front steps (small bar, but long line), and a interesting/weird crowd that was part industry people, part sponsors, and part random fans of either Depp or Knobs.

The theatre was cool and the sound was great. Knobs were rockin. Though I'd prefer Mike on his non-dussenberg guitars, he played his Red signature model for 90% of the night (only other guitar was the six string Rickenbacker). Obviously because Dussenberg put together the event. Knobs played for about an hour. Highlights for me were Rusty Cage, a cover of the Dead's "Deal", and the closing blues medley. The crowd was seated for the Knobs but other than a few noisy sponsors who were just there to drink and mingle, the crowd was very appreciative and enthusiastic.

The way Mike eneded the set, we all thought that the Knobs would be back with special guests. But when the curtain when up, they weren't anywhere to be found, but Johnny Depp and a new band had taken the stage. After a cover of the Stones "happy", Marilyn Manson came out and did 3 songs. Then Alice Cooper did 3 songs. Then Steven Tyler did 3 songs. Then Cooper, Manson, and Tyler all came out and closed the show with the Beatles "Come Together". The crowd was on their feat and cheering/singing along from the moment Manson came out to close. Was an interesting (and pleasant) surprise.

I went to see Knobs though and they were great. Have to say I thought the show at the Joint in October was a little bit better, but probably due to crowd and venue (and an awesome cover of JJ Cale's Mama Don't that opened that show and I'm still trying to find a video of!).

That's my review!

Thanks so much for the review, Pappasnick! This show is like no other Knobs show I have heard of. Usually the Knobs headline the show and rule the night. I'm with you. I love the little bar shows the best. They are just a different vibe with all fans. The guys are more relaxed and just plain fun!! Man, it's been too long since I have been to a show and I miss them bad!!