Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pappasnick24

Anaheim January 25th!

32 posts in this topic

^ Yup, this is the yearly invite show in Fullerton. It's been known for a year that the NAMM show runs from the 23rd til the 26th, so how hard is it to figure out when the KNOBS will play????????? Wake up kids, this happens every year.

That was my confusion. everyone said it was a private show, but from that article about the show there was a link to buy tickets for Saturday night...

So is it private minus a block of tix released to public? I got 2 tix when they went on sale.. and the tix say imperial ball 8 featuring Mike Campbell,etc

Thanks.

WOW! I have been seeing photos and posts all over Facebook about the show last night. There was an All Star Line up with special guests, Johnny Depp, Marilyn Manson, Alice Cooper and my favorite Steven Tyler! It must have been so exciting to see who was going to come out next! I'm sure The Dirty Knobs blew them all away! Lotta took some beautiful photos. I hope she will share them here along with a review!

Come on, Lotta, we're waiting for you! It's so funny because every single year there's a rumor that Johnny Depp's gonna be there. Now he freaking showed up the one night I couldn't attend! But I'm so happy for those that were there. What a star line-up!

^ As far as the confusion goes, I believe that the show was still invitation only, however, this year the tickers cost $25 and the money went to a charity.

And welcome to the Farm, Papasnick! :039:

Thanks Lotta!

I know I have been awol for awhile, but I knew this show was coming up, and my friends here wouldn't let me down!:heart:

Great pictures Lotta! I am so sorry I didn't go. Johnny Depp finally!!! Oh I am so jealous! It must have been a blast!

It was different this year. The theatre was seated. No standing like the Imperial Ballroom. Professional cameras were banned. This was clearly stated on the ticket so no one could miss it. A bummer, but rules are rules. I brought two small point and shoots instead.

After a warm up trio, and they sure rocked, the Knobs came on stage and blew the crowd away. The guys were on fire once more. When they left I was sure they'd get back after the break, but to my surprise there was another band, and I didn't recognize one single guy in the band. Thinking hmmm… now the guests will appear before the Knobs return? Wrong! This was Johnny Depp's band and he was up there with them. However it took me almost all evening to get that. *insert foolish face*.

Marilyn Manson came on stage. After him Alice Cooper… and after that Steven Tyler! Steven also played a song he said he never sang on stage before and never would. He sat down and played a nice 12string.

Not until the very end I got it! Johnny Depp had been there all the time. Blonde with a bangs hanging over his face made him unrecognizable to me, but I eventually found I had a few shots of him as well.

As for the photos. I certainly know which camera works best from a distance. I was in the far back of the venue shooting this and I am surprised some of them came out as good as they did. Glad you liked them :)