Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nurktwin

Rock N Roll Drive-In

230 posts in this topic

This is a place where I will post old and new complete rock and roll movies, documentaries and concerts. I certainly will not do it everyday, but maybe once a week at the most. It takes time as I watch everything before posting to make sure it works. Tonight I'm posting a concert that I watched today. Make some popcorn and get a drink, turn up the sound and put it on full screen. Have fun!!!

The Rolling Stones

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3717fqlkY&feature=endscreen&NR=1]The Rolling Stones A Biggest Bang live complete concert - YouTube[/ame]

YW. I've been thinking of doing this for a year and never got around to it. I was going to post a poll and ask what day of the week you guys wanted to have a movie night. My original thought for the 1st movie to post was A Hard Days Night by The Beatles, so that's most likely what will be posted next week. Is Sundays ok with you guys or would you rather have it another day? I hope some of the old movies are available as the complete movie and not just clips. I'm going to include full concerts and documentaries to beef up the selection of movies that may not be available. That way, I can keep this thread going longer. IF you have any suggestions or movies you'd like to see, PM me and I'll do my best to find them. Have a great day Farmers!!

Thanks Nurk!! Always love concerts and documentaries.. I'm always recording them on my DVR and catch up to them when I have time!!

Looking forward to seeing what ya put out!

I've had a request for "400 days" and so far I can't find it. If you have any clues where it can be found, let me know. I also see that "A hard days Night" has been taken down in the past week that I was going to post next Sunday night. Hang in there, I'll find something!!

I'm going to post this weeks show early, so it will be up today and you can have the whole weekend to view it. I'm about 1/2 way through watching it and if it works fine all the way through, I'll post it soon. I am meeting my daughter at noon and go out to lunch, so I may not post it until I get back. Hopefully it will work out so I can post it, otherwise I'll have to start all over and find another vid and watch that before posting.

Thank you, Nurk!

You simply post the greatest clips here. I appreciate your contributions very much.

Shame is, I can't watch the Beatles movie. There's an organisation for dealing with music rights over here called GEMA. And EMI, the publisher of HELP!, has not allowed for the movie to be published on YouTube in Germany.

This happens pretty often.

I hope one day, GEMA will be history. Until then, I'll try a Proxy thatt's located outside Germany...

Since I just posted Paul Revere and the Raiders this morning on "video of the day", you may be wondering what they are doing today. I ran across this 30 minute video from 2011 at Disney World, so here it is.

[ame=

Revere and the Raiders at Epcot - YouTube[/ame]

I'd rather remember Paul Revere and the Raiders like this:

[ame=

Clark reunion with Paul Revere & the Raiders - 1979 TV Special "The Good Old Days" - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks to Winnie and NightDriver for making suggestions, I'll try to get them posted ASAP. Thank you........Nurk

AWESOME!! Hopefully someone has it and will post it. I've wanted to see 400 Days for a long time now, but don't want to have to repurchase the Anthology, and haven't been able to find it online. I think Rock & Roll Drive Inn is a great idea. Hopefully someone will post 400 Days.:)

Hi kids, I thought this weekends movie would be a snap since I posted it earlier on "Classic Rock Video of the Day" a while back. I went back and clicked it to play and it has been taken down!!! It was TPATH. I've just spent the past 5 hours looking at 3 other videos for this weekend and have another 2 to look at and that will take at least 3 more hours. BUT, I just ran across this vid of TPATH from 1978 and am going to post it here and now to get you over the middle of the week blues (humpday). As always, put it on full screen and crank up the sound, it's about 1 hour long. Enjoy!!

[ame=

Petty & The Heartbreakers Live 12.31.78 - YouTube[/ame]

OK, tonights show wasn't as easy as I thought. Didn't find the TPATH show I wanted, but did find a few others. I found 2 video's of tonights show, but the 1st only had the warm up artists for 1 1/2 hours, so that's no good. The 2nd show was put together backwards (don't ask me how the guy did that), so the ending is 1st and the beginning is last????? Anyway here is this weekends Drive-In movie. Bob Dylans 30th Anniversary. Enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w95sbCUBG54]Bob Dylan and Friends (Clapton,Harrison,Petty,McGuinn,Cropper,Reed,Young) @ M.S.G 10/16/92 - YouTube[/ame]

9/28/12 This weekends drive in movie will start with a short clip that you may remember and will be followed by our main feature. The Concert For Bangladesh, starring George Harrison. Enjoy!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26pQNKEOXjo]Drive-In Movie Ads : Drive in Intermission 1960's - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQeOd3R77nY&feature=related]Concert for Bangladesh [FULL CONCERT] - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you for taking the time to post these Nurtwin. The "making of an album" was especially enjoyable and the latter with Leon Russell...What an amazing talent.