Sign in to follow this  
Mudcrutch

The Dirty Knobs Live! 03/18/11

It was such a great show. They played quite a few new songs that were just awesome! I really enjoyed the one that I would assume would be called Doomsday Child, and Corporate Hammer was great as well. Lizzie is right, the way they played Humdinger was really cool. What ever that was it led in to, it was awesome. Walkin' Shoes is always one of my favorites, and with Blow Up My Stereo as a closer, it was perfect. I love when they balance out the set with new and older songs. Makes for a great Knobbin'! Matt got a cool new drum face logo, I'm sure someone will post a picture of it. Matt said that Mike's daughter designed it.

It was nice to meet a few farmers that I hadn't met before, and of course to see familiar faces. I always have such a great time at Knobs. I almost didn't go to the show since I wasn't feeling well all week, but I am so glad I did.

The songs I remember off the top of my head are (In no particular order):

Loaded Gun

Walkin' Shoes

Blow Up My Stereo

Little Irish Girl

Humdinger

All She Wrote

Corporate Hammer

Doomsday Child (?)

Goldfinger

She Said, She Said

Southern Belle(?)

And a couple new songs I don't know the names of.

I wish I remembered more of the top of my head, maybe as the day goes on. Did anyone snag the set list? Wish I would have gotten a look at it.

Does anyone have the whole setlist?

Shianne. Great review.

It was one of the best Knobs gigs I have ever heard. How is it posible to keep raising the bar esch time? I don't know, but they do.

I really love this band!!

:heart::heart::heart:

thanks to all my friends for a great night of Knobbin". I have lost my DL virginity and it rocked me so hard, I didn't think that was even possible! I loved the new song Southern Belle, so pretty, and hit home to me. Kenneth from Norway was brought up on stage and Mike thanked him for coming so far and gave him so nice gifts. So nice to meet all of you Farmers :)

^I'm so sorry you couldn't be there, Linda. :(

Ok, the one song is called Corporation Hammer. I really want to get the words to that song! "When the Corporation Hammer comes down on you, you know what you've got to do." Or something like that.

I didn't think to take a picture of the setlist. Duh. And I didn't really read through it. Shianne is pretty close with her list. I can't think of anything else myself.

Angie, I'm glad you made it home ok. It was fun to be there for your first knobbin'! I forgot about Southern Belle. I loved that one, too! It was definitely for us southern girls. :) Especially for me, since I'm going to New Orleans next week, haha.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is something going on with Mike this year. He really seemed so different to me last night. He was so comfortable on stage...and all those new songs...Jason mentioned they've done at least 6 new songs at each of the last 3 shows. Wow! I don't know, it's not like there was anything wrong before and I don't see how they could be any better, but really, I think they were on a different plane. I'm with Lotta, this was the best show I've ever seen.

Must also mention, that call and response between Mike and Matt (on Walkin' Shoes?) was insane!! That Matt is unbelievable!!!

I didn't know that I was going to go to this show until 1:30 that day. Thank you SO much Ames...and you too Lotta for the hotel. I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am to you both. I have to say that Farmers are some of the nicest people in the world and I'm grateful for you all.

The Knobs were smoking last night! It was such a great mix of new and old, and the new songs were amazing. I loved these new songs more than the ones at the Imperial Ballroom show. They were just so catchy!

The "talking" between Mike and Matt, and Mike and Jason on "Walkin' Shoes" was just fantastic and fun! I have to agree with Lizzie, Mike does seem to have a huge confidence boost lately. He does seem more comfortable on stage.

Mike had a new song that I originally thought was "Interstate", but it was his own version of it. No idea what the song was called, but it was really good.

A huge highlight for me was Mike's 12 string Vox! What a beautiful guitar!!

It was a pleasure meeting all of the DK virgins out there! Also it was great to see the older Farmers too. :D I wish you could have been there Linda. I was fortunate to get sick early this morning with the stomach flu, after all the fun at Knobs.

I always know where to go for the best DK reviews. Glad to hear all had a blast, and I'm looking forward to any photos that might be shared...I really need to get my act together and fly down to California for a show someday, I've been dreaming about doing that years now:003:

Internet is back.

Lizzie, I loved your review as well. I love everyone's reviews !! Had a brainfarth when I got home this afternoon after having to rush my little Sundae to the vet. He wasn't well and got worse by the minute...

He is much better now. It was a tick!!! and the whole area around his ear looks pretty darn awful.

So sorry Kenneth and Linda I couldn't make it :('''''

Stephanie. You are a tropper. It's a pleasure to be around you!! I felt so bad for you this morning though. :)

It was great fun to meet all the virgin Farmers I met. I think I met all??

Good Knobbing !! This was definitely one of the best gigs we have been blessed with.

I will look at my pics tomorrow :)

Will look at the pics tomorrow.

Love the ongoing reviews! I am so glad you all had such a fantastic time. Can't wait for Molly and Amber to come back and tell us their stories too.

Linda, I'm sorry you're still sick and missed it. Boo! Feel better soon!

Linda, Beth and Marion.. You all would have loved the show. I hope you feel better, Linda. I almost didn't make the drive because of the rain here in the bay area. I think it's monsoon season. When I saw Steph's message about wanting to go, I knew it would make the trip better. It did! Thanks for being great company, Steph. Sorry you got sick. Feel better soon. Everyone, take your vitamin C!

I love this band. The music was incredible. I've been to a lot of shows over the years, and this one was one of the best. The new songs, variations and improvations were amazing. The Knobs are such a great music experience. Thank you Mike, Jason, Lance and Matt.

It was nice meeting everyone who flew out for the show.

Lotta has some wonderful photos. I can't wait to see them.

^yes it's a dog and it is so cute!!!! It goes great with Mike's little dog table. :D

Wow, I'm still in the clouds over this show. I am so lucky to be able to come to these shows every year. Thank you Mike, Matt, Jason and Lance. Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and I can't wait to see more pictures!!

^^we missed you, Barb.

:) This thread has become useless without pictures.:)

Glad everyone had a great time at the show - I want to hear/see more!

I didn't take many, and my photos came out blurry. Lotta has some good ones. :)

Edited by surfnburn

Phew. Yes, I can only agree with what everyone said. This was definitely one of the best shows ever! I am so sorry for all of you that missed it for any reason.

I hope I can help out a little in the long run...

Power was out here and my battery in the puter only allowed me to put the pics on the HD. There's some fiddling to do before I can post, but I put a tidbit on Facebook :)

Marion, please check your FB messages...